.... ULTREÏA ....
Initially established to help Breton pilgrims for their departure for Compostella, the Breton Association of the friends of St-James of Compostela [l'Association bretonne des amis de St-Jacques de Compostelle] offers its experience in all aspects of the pilgrimage :
- It helps future pilgrims:
- By sharing the experience of former pilgrims with them;
- By providing the "credencial" without which they cannot use the Spanish pilgrim hostels;
- By facilitating their departure from Brittany on recognized and waymarked routes;
- By organizing the training of volunteers for pilgrim hostels both in France and in Spain.
- It participates in research and in promotion of the Saint-James heritage in Brittany:
- By organizing conferences and exhibitions;
- By sponsoring a book on Saint James heritage;
- By instigating and participating in the restoration of sites and objects;
- With its choir, it also exploits the Gregorian chants of the Saint James Book.
- It promotes and improves the routes to Santiago through Brittany.
Click HERE to get more information -- a map and guide books, particularly -- about the routes through Brittany ...
... the best choice to make your way to Santiago from the British Isles.